The following contains common solutions to the troubles experienced when submitting an application.
If your TransUnion Reports won't authorize, there could be several reasons this is occurring. The list below has common error messages with next-steps on how best to solve these issues:
1. NO APPLICATION ID: your application is not connected to TransUnion's system.
Needed Action: Sorry, this issue requires tech support from Avail. Please reach out to support by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call us 7 days a week from 9am-5pm CST at 312-292-9347 for assistance.
2. RENTER INFORMATION DOES NOT MATCH RECORDS: the data input into your account settings or application are not matching the data stored at the credit bureaus.
Needed Action: First, check your account settings and review the entire renter profile to make sure all information is accurate. Most importantly, your name (formatted: First Last), current address (Check City is spelled correctly and State/Zip are accurate), and Date of Birth (formatted YYYY-MM-DD) must match exactly with the details associated with the Social Security Number entered. After correcting any errors, enter your SSN again and press Verify Identity
If this is not successful, please call TransUnion at 888-966-8607 for help identifying which information does not match.
3. VALIDATION ERROR/POSSIBLE FREEZE: TransUnion is having a hard time pulling reports based on the information provided. This could mean your credit file is too thin due to little to no credit history, a recently issued SSN, or a freeze or block on your credit.
Needed Action: Please call TransUnion directly at 888-966-8607 as they may need to verify your ID manually. Additional documentation may be required to complete this.
4. AN ERROR OCCURRED PROCESSING REQUEST. PLEASE TRY AGAIN: The connection to TransUnion was disconnected.
Needed Action: You simply will need to re-enter your social security number and try again.
5. CONNECTION COULD NOT BE ESTABLISHED TO TRANSUNION. PLEASE WAIT A FEW MINUTES AND TRY AGAIN: Similar to #4, but there is no connection established.
Needed Action: Wait a moment and try again. If the problem persists please reach out to us directly at email@example.com.
6. YOUR REQUEST REQUIRES MANUAL VERIFICATION: This means that the applicant either failed validation questions too many times, or their credit file is too small for TransUnion to produce interview questions.
Needed Action: Please contact TransUnion Customer Service at (888) 966-8607 and provide them with the Application ID provided in the error message. It is very important that the applicant provides the TransUnion representative with the Application ID.
7. NOT ALL OF YOUR ANSWERS MATCHED TRANSUNION's RECORDS: The applicant's answers to the validation questions do not match TransUnion's records and they will need to attempt to answer them again. Please note that there are only seven allotted attempts through Avail. If you continue to fail verification on the site, you will be instructed to contact TransUnion Customer Service at (888) 966-8607 to manually verify their identity. The applicant will be allotted two attempts while speaking with TransUnion.